The Jewish Medical Association (UK) supports scholarships for student electives for those students who participate in JMA(UK) and / or in Jewish student activities.
These scholarships are for international electives.
The successful students are expected to provide evidence of linkage of the elective plan, either to the Jewish community in the host country or to Jewish-related activities there.
Applications are invited on a rolling basis as the timing of electives varies considerably between medical schools.
Applications must include a curriculum vitae, a covering letter explaining the nature of the elective, documentation of approval from the student’s medical school for the elective programme, and documentation from the host teaching hospital / medical school that the student has been accepted.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about an application.
- The application form can be found here.
- Application documents should be sent electronically to email@example.com clearly designated as an “elective application”.
- A completed hardcopy of the application should also be sent to Jewish Medical Association (UK) PO Box 38278 London NW3 4YG.
- Students should expect to be notified about the outcome of the application within one month of the Association receiving it.
After the elective has been completed:
- A written report is required, which appears on the Association website. This should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org within three months of completion of the elective.
- Students may be selected to give an oral presentation on their experiences to members of the Association.
- Students are expected to maintain contact and become members of the Association on graduation